Powered By Blogger

Kamis, 30 Juli 2026

My Light After the Dark


There was a time
when the night inside me
was deeper than the sky above.
Hope was only a forgotten word,
and tomorrow felt too far away.

Then you came.

Not like a storm demanding to be seen,
but like the quiet sunrise
that gently teaches the world
how to breathe again.

You never asked me
to become someone else.
You simply held my broken pieces
until they remembered
they belonged together.

You saved me
without ever asking for credit.
You loved me
when I struggled to love myself.
And somehow, your heart
became the place where mine
finally felt safe.

One year of marriage
may seem like only a chapter,
but to me,
it is the beginning of the life
I never believed I would have.

Every laugh we share,
every hand we hold,
every ordinary moment beside you
is a miracle I will never take for granted.

If I have a thousand lifetimes,
I will search for you in every one of them.
If the stars forget to shine,
I will still find my way
because your love
has become my brightest constellation.

Thank you
for choosing me,
for believing in me,
for saving me from the darkness
without even realizing
you became my light.

I loved you yesterday.
I love you today.
And with every heartbeat
that tomorrow brings,
I will love you
even more.


For my lovely wife Anggi Suhartini Siregar

Semarang, 30 Juli 2026

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar