Powered By Blogger

Selasa, 07 Desember 2010

THIS SEMESTER FINALLY ENDS

This semester is finally over. Honestly, from all courses I have taken this semester, the one that needed most of my attention and gave me very much development this semester is academic writing. I spent most of my time doing many kind of academic writing assignment this semester. This course also gives me very much knowledge that I didn’t understood before. I could also differently understand what is writing before and after this course. Before this course, I only wrote everything I want to and I wrote without any aim, I mean I just wrote simple thing that can be said “unimportant” for other people. But, after I joined this class, my ability and knowledge in writing developed very significantly and I became a writer that have a purpose to make my writing useful for other people. , I get very much knowledge. It makes me understand how to write an academic journal. I came to this class with nothing and now I get something from this class.
            Throughout this class, I can learn about myself as a writer and as an English learner. I learn a lot as a writer, I got everything that I have never known before such as making construct, citation, quotation and subheading. I learn a lot as writer here, before I took this class, I never thought that become a writer needs very much efforts and sacrifices to make a good writing. From this moment I respect writers more than before because they are very brilliant and hard workers. I realize that being a writer is not easy. From my LLH I also learn myself as an English learner. I learn that learning foreign language is not an easy thing. I need a process in learning until I can reach my dream mastering English. And now I am still in that process of learning.
In this class I feel that I have my weakest point and strongest point as a writer. In my opinion, my weakest point in writing is getting idea. I always confused when I want to decide what is going to be written on my notebook. I spent very long time to get the idea which is appropriate and easy to be developed. One more thing that I am very weak in, I am not good in searching for references. It is very hard for me to find a reference that is suitable for my topic. And the point which I am confident on is in my creativity to arrange words by words to make my writing more interesting. Another strongest point in my writing is the grammar. Although I am not a master of grammar yet, I am confident with my grammar because I think my writing are lack of wrong grammar. Aspects of the course that help me a lot in this course are the explanation from my teacher. it is the main help in the process of writing my draft.
My writing process was not smooth at all, I have to revise and sometimes change a big part of my draft many times. My journey in this class was begun when I was commanded to make my language learning history from I was a child. I had to provide some topics of inquiry. That’s the first think that makes me got headache. Then my LLH had to be included in the draft which must be suitable with the construct and developed it into 8 pages, this part was the most difficult thing to do. I didn’t know that I had to develop my LLH into 8 pages draft. My LLH was not prepared to be developed, I made it like a past narrative which is not too academic. So I got very much difficult to do it and changed my LLH almost half of it.
For me, my development process as a writer in this course is almost the same with the metamorphosis process of a butterfly. When it hatches from its egg, there will be an ugly caterpillar which is not good to see. It represents my writing before I took academic writing class. My writing was very ugly and not good to see. After several months the caterpillar becomes a cocoon due to the process of becoming a butterfly. It describes my process of learning how to write an academic writing in one semester to be a good writer. When the right time comes, a cocoon becomes a beautiful butterfly and it flies freely to the sun. if I could pass my academic writing class nicely, I can be a good writer and reach my success. I guess that’s all, I give special thanks to Mrs. Nugrahaeny T. Zacharias for her  helps and guidance during my academic writing class. Happy holiday! J

5 komentar:

  1. What an amazing progress...I noticed from your essay, you have made a good progress. I believe you can be the English language's expert soon...
    CAnt wait to see your grade for academic writing class...;)

    BalasHapus
  2. lol
    thanks mbo.. so you are.. let we reach our dream togrther...

    BalasHapus
  3. wkwkw... iki blog edukasi ya yan? wkwkwkwkwk

    BalasHapus
  4. ho oh ikh.. dadi blog edukasi.. hahahah okeh, next time I'll put entertaintment and literature articles.. stay tune, and wait for it, it's coming soon..

    BalasHapus